Re: [AUCTeX] Re: How to fix GS problem

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: How to fix GS problem
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 10:55:52 +0100

Frederic Andres <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello!
> I have the same problem  as the original poster (I also use Vista), yet,
> I have added ghostcript to my Path. The thing is, I am not sure to do it
> correctly: first, I have two Path
> variables, one is a user variable (which I created), one is a system
> variable.
> I used to put everything in the user variable, is it correct?

I have no idea what you call a "user variable" here.

> Also, what is the path I should use? I still have a problem with that.
> Indeed, say that my gswin32c.exe is here:
> C:\Program Files\gs\gs8.53\bin.
>
> Do I have to put this in my PATH?

Yes.

> Or C:\Program Files\gs\gs8.53\bin\gswin32c?
>
> I have added the former both to my user PATH and my system PATH, and now when
> run a preview it says:
> "gs: Interpreter revision (853) does not match gs_init.ps revision (707)".
>
> What does it mean?

That your Ghostscript internal search path finds its files in a tree
from a Ghostscript 7.07 installation.

In short: you hosed your installation by mixing up two separate
versions of Ghostscript.

I'd start with deinstalling Ghostscript 7.07, and then trying to get
your 8.53 version of Ghostscript working.