Re: [AUCTeX] defining entry templates for BibTeX

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] defining entry templates for BibTeX
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 23:20:37 +0200

* Rainer Thiel (2007-04-13) writes:

> I hope, but am not quite sure I am right on list for the question I have.
>
> When editing .bib-Files to be used with BibTeX, Emacs' (AucTeX'?)
> BibTeX-Mode offers me several entry types such as Article in Journal,
> Book, etc.  As I use the jurabib package, I should like to define the
> extra entry types supported by jurabib.
>
> Where are the entry types of BibTeX-mode defined, and where could I
> define extra entry types/templates?

That would probably be `bibtex-entry-field-alist'.  But since this is
defined with defvar and not with defcustom I am not sure if adding
entries to this alist will have side effects.  It's probably better
you ask Roland Winkler, the maintainer of bibtex.el.  His email
address can be found in the file itself easily accessible with `M-x
find-library RET bibtex RET'.