[AUCTeX] principal question to preview-latex

From: alexander.beck-ratzka
Subject: [AUCTeX] principal question to preview-latex
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 16:53:05 +0200

Hi Folks,

I am using XEmacs on  Fedora Core 4, and I just wanted to use preview-latex,
which should be already be provided with XEmacs. The documentation says, to
start a preview, one has to enter:

C-c C-p C-d (for Preview/Document)

However, if I enter C-c C-p I get in the lowest line of XEmacs (don't know how
it is called, it is the line, where I also see C-c C-p) the message:

command not found

Furthermore, I don't have a Preview section in my menubar.

So it seems that preview-latex isn't avaiable, as told in the documentation.
My XEmacs has the version:

XEmacs 21.4 (patch 19) "Constant Variable" [Lucid] (i386-redhat-linux, Mule)
of Wed Mar  1 2006 on hammer1.fedora.redhat.com

Who can help me, to get preview-latex running?

Cheers

Alexander