Re: Re [AUCTeX] TeX-auto-save and files with the same basename

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: Re [AUCTeX] TeX-auto-save and files with the same basename
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 21:04:34 +0200

* Vladimir (2007-05-11) writes:

> I define several macroses and environments in rty file (I find that
> using such supplementary file is convenient in sense that the main file
> is only for document content plus LaTeX markup) and I faced with the
> problem that I described in previous post.

You can find a very extensive patch for (among other things) making
the style system use file extensions at
<URL:http://mid.gmane.org/dop7va$u1v$1%40sea.gmane.org>.  That's
however not for general use.  I think I have code here that contains
/only/ the extension-related changes but it is probably as old as the
patch referenced above and I'd have to study it a bit in order to find
out what it does.  Currently I think only the part related to saving
auto/*.el files with extensions is implemented.