[AUCTeX] Sharing installations of Emacs on two different OS

From: Frederic
Subject: [AUCTeX] Sharing installations of Emacs on two different OS
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 14:38:07 +0000 (UTC)

Hello everyone!

I have just installed Linux on my laptop (at last!) and besides having fun with
Beryl, I would like to install my Emacs+Auctex couple.

However, since I am dual-booting Linux and Vista, and I already have a working
MikTeX 2.6 installation sur Vista, I was wondering whether it is possible to use
this installation with my Linux install. That is, would Emacs be able to find
the executables and the .sty there?
In your opinion, should I do better in installing TeXLive on my Linux Partition?
If the answer is yes, should I install TexLive before or after Emacs? On
windows, I am used to install MikTeX before Emacs/Winedt...

Thanks for your help!