RE: [AUCTeX] Editing of a beamer file if \documentclass{beamer} is absen

From: mirko.vukovic
Subject: RE: [AUCTeX] Editing of a beamer file if \documentclass{beamer} is absent?
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 17:22:19 -0400

I was not clear enough:

I have created a custom format file "beamtikz" from the following file using
MikTeX's format making utility.

\documentclass{beamer}

\usepackage{wasysym} % for diameter symbol
\usepackage{array} % for tables
\usepackage{tikz} % for drawings

\dump
\endinput

I compile by beamer files by doing

Pdfetex "&beamtikz" file.tex

The preamble of file.tex is:

%%\documentclass{beamer}  !!! Commented out
\makeatletter
address@hidden
\makeatother
\mode<handout>{
  \usepackage{pgfpages}
  \pgfpagesuselayout{4 on 1}[a4paper,border shrink=2.5mm,landscape]
  \setbeamercolor{background canvas}{bg=black!5}
}

\AtBeginSection[]
{\begin{frame}<beamer>
    \frametitle{Outline}
    \tableofcontents[sectionstyle=show/shaded,subsectionstyle=show/show/hide]
  \end{frame}}

Etc, etc...

The \documentclass command is commented out, because the format file contains
the beamer definitions.  So AucTeX does not know that it is looking at a beamer
file.  How do I inform it of that?

Mirko