Re: [AUCTeX] C-c ` pops to *output* buffer

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] C-c ` pops to *output* buffer
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 07:58:08 +0000

On 24 Jan 2008, at 19:07, David Kastrup wrote:

This works well, unless a configuration is used that will display
newly popped-up buffers in separate frames, for instance with `one-
buffer-one-frame-mode' (Aquamacs), but presumably also with `pop-up-
frames' set to t.

If it the latter, that's a problem.  If it is the former only, then it
would be more like an Aquamacs problem.

It actually happens with only pop-up-frames.

What is the intention of `pop-to-buffer' in this place, and why does
AUCTeX need to visibly pop to the other buffer before actually
bringing up the *Help*?

[...]

I am not sure.  I think that this code may be mostly historical, so it
is possibly hard to find somebody who has a good idea about it. I think we may have dabbled in the code somewhat, but more or less on a "poke it
until it seems to work" basis.

Turns out the TeX-parse-function is only ever called from TeX-next- error, so changing TeX-parse-TeX should be a fairly safe thing to do.

(defun TeX-parse-TeX (reparse)
 "Find the next error produced by running TeX.
Prefix by C-u to start from the beginning of the errors."
 (let ((old-buffer (current-buffer))
        (default-major-mode major-mode))
   (with-current-buffer (TeX-active-buffer)
     (if reparse
         (TeX-parse-reset))
     (goto-char TeX-error-point)
     (TeX-parse-error old-buffer))))