Re: [AUCTeX] How to use the font changing command C-c C-f

From: Torben Knudsen
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] How to use the font changing command C-c C-f
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 08:37:58 +0100

>>>>> "David" == David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

David> Torben Knudsen <address@hidden> writes:
>>>>>>> "Ralf" == Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

Ralf> * Torben Knudsen (2008-02-04) writes:
> [...]
Ralf> Please try this: Hold down <Ctrl> and while keeping it pressed,
Ralf> type `c f e' (without the quotation marks).  Release <Ctrl> only
Ralf> after you typed all three letters.

Ralf> Then I am out of wits.  If the problem were confined to one or
Ralf> two of the font commands I would have said that your X server or
Ralf> desktop environment grabbed the respective keys and inserted
Ralf> something else instead (cf. compose key), but since the problem
Ralf> is with all font commands I am at a loss.
>>  Okay.  Many thanks for your effort.  It was more than I expected.

David> That's not phrased very politely.

Sorry about that.  I really meant to be polite.  My English is
apparently not to good.

David> Anyway, after getting this *help* buffer in this way, try M-x
David> view-lossage RET (in recent Emacs versions it is on C-h l).

David> That will tell you what keypresses Emacs thinks it got.

This really seems to hold the solution of this and other strange
behavior.  When I use Control I get Shift-Control and visa versa.  So
S-C c S-C f S-C e gives \emph{}.  This must be because I do something
wrong when i try to place Control on CapsLock.  I think I just stole
the following from somewhere - is it wrong?

.xinitrc :

#!/bin/sh
# $Xorg: xinitrc.cpp,v 1.3 2000/08/17 19:54:30 cpqbld Exp $

# /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc
#
# global xinitrc file, used by all X sessions started by xinit (startx)

# invoke global X session script
xmodmap ~/.Xmodmaptk
. /etc/X11/Xsession

.Xmodmaptk :

!
! Make Caps_Lock equal Control_L
!
keysym Caps_Lock = Control_L
add Control = Control_L

--
Associate Prof. Ph.D Torben Knudsen     Mobile  : (+45) 2787 9826
Section of Automation and Control,      Email   : address@hidden