Re: [AUCTeX] AUCTeX 11.85 released

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] AUCTeX 11.85 released
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 17:54:32 +0100

* José Carlos Santos (2008-02-10) writes:

> On 10-02-2008 15:26, Ralf Angeli wrote:
>
>> Release notes for AUCTeX 11.85 with preview-latex
>
> I deleted the version of GNU Emacs that I had on my machine and then I
> installed the one which can be found here:
>
> http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/windows/emacs/
>
> When I open it, it has a strange look: I can only see the outlines of
> the icons.

Yes, this is due to the missing image libraries.  See
<URL:ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/README> for sources of these
libraries.

> Furthermore, I tried to install AucTeX and I got this error
> message:
>
> checking for make... make
> checking for a BSD-compatible install... /bin/install -c
> checking for date in ChangeLog... 2008-02-10
> checking for release in ChangeLog... 11.85
> checking for C:/Program... C:/Program Files/Emacs
> checking if C:/Program Files/Emacs is XEmacs... cat: ./conftest-4376: No
> such file or directory
> configure: error: Unable to run C:/Program Files/Emacs!  Aborting!
>
> Any suggestion?

You don't tell which options you pass to configure but it looks like you
only provide the Emacs directory to --with-emacs and not the full path
to and including the emacs.exe binary.  If you still have problems after
adapting this, please send a full bug report (including config.log if
available) to bug-auctex, because this is somewhat off-topic in this
thread.