Re: [AUCTeX] Command completion

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Command completion
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 19:06:47 +0100

* José Carlos Santos (2008-02-13) writes:

> On 13-02-2008 6:41, Ralf Angeli wrote:
>
>>> and then I do M-<TAB>. Then I get this error message:
>>>
>>> Searching for program: no such file or directory, egrep
>>
>> What's the output of `C-h k M-<TAB>' in a LaTeX buffer?
>
> M-TAB (translated from <escape> <tab>) runs the command ispell-complete-word
>    which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `ispell.el'.
> It is bound to M-TAB, <menu-bar> <tools> <spell> <ispell-complete-word>.

Are you actually in a buffer with an AUCTeX mode?  Is there a "Command"
menu?

Perhaps some error occurs while starting Emacs or loading a LaTeX file
which prevents the mode from being loaded completely.  You could check
this by putting
(setq debug-on-error t)
as the first line into your init file, restarting Emacs and loading a
LaTeX file.  If there is an error you should get a very visible
backtrace.