Re: [AUCTeX] Question on gnu-emacs with opensuse / emacs 22.1.1

From: Dieter Jurzitza
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Question on gnu-emacs with opensuse / emacs 22.1.1
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 10:28:28 +0100

Dear listmembers,
first of all I apologize for not having been precise enough. Yes, it should
say C-c C-c RET. And, yes, I am using CUA-mode, so this could be a potential
suspicious one. Will look further into this and let you  know.

I've just learned from you that C-c-v is a viable alternative to what I have
been used for years now. Using C-c-v should show clearly whether the problem
it is related to C-c-c somehow. Will keep you informed.

Strangely I only realized this behaviour when trying to view the dvi-file -
never ever when trying to compile it. And this issue did not exist as long as
I had had been using the Xaw - version of gnu-emacs (so until 21.something
and for many years) even with CUA-mode active. But probably CUA-mode has been
modified somehow. Nevertheless, will let you know if I find out something
interesting.

Regarding the customization no comment - so I will ask on the emacs-devel
list.

Thank you for your inputs,
take care

Dieter Jurzitza

                                \
                 /\_/\           |

if you really want to see the pictures above - use some font
with constant spacing like courier! :-)
******
******