Re: [AUCTeX] Merge pdfclose into auctex workflow

From: Jiajin Yu
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Merge pdfclose into auctex workflow
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 18:17:30 +0800

> You could write an expander for `TeX-command-list' which expands to
> `pdfclose' plus arguments when `TeX-PDF-mode' is active and stick that
> into the respective `TeX-command-list' entry or add it to
> `LaTeX-command-style'.  Problem is that `pdfclose' will be called
> everytime you compile a file in PDF mode, even though the viewer might
> not be open.

Thanks for your point. But since I am really a roockie in the elisp
programming, I don't know how to write such an configuration. Would
you please point out some guide or cookbook for this?

> An alternative would be to use a better viewer which does not lock the
> file.  Doesn't the Sumatra PDF viewer do that?  (The downside of the
> latter is that it does on online update check which cannot be disabled.)

Yes, that's an alternative. So is foxit reader (but it lacks the
"reload" function"). But I really want to use Adobe Reader which has a
nicer antialias looking.

--
Regards,
Jiajin