Re: [AUCTeX] Re: TeX-next-error doesn't jump to the error location

From: Mark Elston
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: TeX-next-error doesn't jump to the error location
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 12:31:01 -0700

Never mind.  I found the command-line option:

  --c-style-errors

Mark

* Mark Elston wrote (on 8/29/2008 10:37 AM):
Tassilo,

* Tassilo Horn wrote (on 8/29/2008 9:29 AM):
address@hidden writes:

Simply activate file:line:error output for LaTeX and the problem should go away.

This is interesting.  How do you do this?

Thanks Mark, I thought I was the only one not understanding whant "
Simply activate file:line:error output for LaTeX" means!  I also have
the same problem quite regularly.  Please Ralf be more explicit for
the ones of us who were not born from elisp parents.

This has nothing to do with elisp but LaTeX.

,----[ /etc/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf ]
| % Control file:line:error style messages.
| file_line_error_style = t
`----

Hope that helps,
Tassilo

I have MiKTeX and have searched the entire install tree and
cannot find texmf.cnf anywhere.

Is there any other way to do this?

Mark