Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Highlighting unknown TeX commands

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Highlighting unknown TeX commands
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 08:32:37 +0100

* Nikolaus Rath (2009-02-15) writes:

> Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> It should still highlight unknown commands.  Try starting Emacs with
>> emacs -Q -l auctex
>> and load a LaTeX file.  (You might have to do `M-x global-font-lock-mode
>> <RET>' in order to activate Font Lock mode before loading the file.)  If
>> the macros are highlighted in this case, there is likely something in
>> your init file making problems.
>
> When started as above, the highlighting works indeed. But how do I
> figure out which customization I have to change?

You can do a binary search in order to close in the culprit.  That
means, disable half of the customizations and try with that
configuration.  If font locking works, the culprit is in the disabled
part, if not, in the other.  Now disable half of the identified part and
go on like above.

> I don't remember
> having changed anything related to font locking (and I can't find
> anything suspicious in my init files either).

Are there any customizations related to font-latex?