Re: [AUCTeX] is it possible to insert such a symbol?

From: peng shao
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] is it possible to insert such a symbol?
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 06:53:54 +0000

Dear Ralf:

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 8:27 PM, Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> wrote:

> * peng shao (2009-04-22) writes:
>
> > Hi everyone, I just moved from vim+latex-suite to emacs+auctex, so I am
> > really
> > a newbie on this combination. I remember in latex-suite there is a function
> > such
> > that if you input $$, then you should get
> >
> > $your cursor here$<++>
> > and by pressing ctrl+j you can move your cursor to the position <++>.
> >
> > In texworks, there is even a more convenient way to realize this: texworks
> > inserts
> > a 'dot'(unicode 0x2022) at a proper position and by pressing ctrl+tab one
> > can be leaded
> > there.
>
> How is this used?  Is the idea that point is first put inside the dollar
> signs for editing math and then typing C-j or C-TAB respectively to jump
> out of it for continuing editing subsequent text?
>
> > I did not read the manual of auctex carefully(sorry for that), but I wonder
> > if
> > it is possible to make auctex to realize such function, it is really
> > convenient for me.
>
> This shouldn't be too difficult, but it would be good to know more about
> its purpose as mentioned above.
Thank you very much for your reply, yes what I desired is exactly the
function as you mentioned. I like
this function because sometimes I need to insert a complicated formula
frequently, and in this formula
there are many coefficients to be completed. So such function makes me
jump from the position of one coefficient to another
easily.

Sorry for the HTML mail, I did not know that.

Thank you.