Re: [AUCTeX] AUCTeX indentation does not work

From: Kurt Gibson
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] AUCTeX indentation does not work
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 13:28:05 -0500

Dirk and Ralf:

Thanks for the help. I am getting it ... sort of. I like the indentation features of Textwrangler (macos) (GUI) and I want the features of outline mode AUCTeX. Perhaps I do not need the indentation features because the outline-collapsing features of AUCTeX with outline-minor-mode lets me easily see my document structure.

Two questions.

First: In normal outline mode, you can issue the command to collapse to a certain levels, eg collapse all headers except for the top 2 levels. Can this be done in AUCTeX with outline minor mode? In outline mode, I thought it was c-u 2 c-c c-q for the top two levels. In AUCTeX with outline minor mode, c-c c-q is undefined. c-c @ c-t (hide-body) apparently does not accept arguments.

Second:  M-x hide-body produces:

\begin{document}...
\section{section1}...
\subsection{subsection1.1}...
\section{section2}...
\subsection{subsection2.1}...
\section{section3}...
\subsection{subsection3.1}...
\end{document}...

The following is easier to read.

begin{document}...
  \section{section1}...
    \subsection{subsection1.1}...
  \section{section2}...
    \subsection{subsection2.1}...
  \section{section3}...
    \subsection{subsection3.1}...
\end{document}

Can this be done easily without writing a lisp program (which I cannot do)?

Kurt