Re: [AUCTeX] Any obstacles to installing the pre-compiled version of Auc

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Any obstacles to installing the pre-compiled version of Auctex into my personal "site-lisp" dir?
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 16:30:12 +0100

* Grant Rettke (2010-01-24) writes:

> I don't want to have to ask the sysadmin to install Auctex into the
> main emacs installation dir; rather I would like to install it into my
> personal "site-lisp" directory that gets added to the load path.
>
> Should Auctex still work correctly?

Assuming you are talking about the pre-compiled version of AUCTeX for
Emacs _on Windows_, then the Lisp parts should work, as long as your
load-path is set up correctly.  But you will have to decide what to do
with the files in the var, doc and info directories which are
distributed with the ZIP archive.