Re: [AUCTeX] Re: AUCTeX 11.86 released

From: José Carlos Santos
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: AUCTeX 11.86 released
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 09:46:13 +0000

On 24-02-2010 13:31, Frederik wrote:

Maybe my last advice was unclear (I'm not a native English speaker).

Neither am I.

Just copy `(info "(auctex) Starting viewers")' without the very outer
quotation marks and paste it into an emacs buffer, e.g. into the scratch
buffer, which should be automatically opened when starting emacs.

Then place the cursor after the very right parenthesis and press C-j.
This should take you directly to the right node in the AUCTeX
documentation.

It happens that when I run Emacs the first thing I get is the Welcome Screen, not the scratch buffer. Now I know what that is. Thanks a lot.

Otherwise Type C-h i and then navigate AUCTeX > Processing > Viewing >
Starting Viewers.

Even after reading this page it took me some time to figure out how to do what I wanted to do (to use SumatraPDF to view PDF files), but I eventually managed to do it.

Thanks a lot. You were most helpful.

Best regards,

Jose Carlos Santos