[AUCTeX] including source specials in auctex 11.86

From: Rainer Thiel
Subject: [AUCTeX] including source specials in auctex 11.86
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 18:14:47 +0100

I installed auctex 11.86 yesterday and am since trying to re-gain some
of the functionality I was used to with auctex 11.85.  Reading the
manual, I have seen forward and inverse search can now be configured
with more flexibility, which also means that is more complex.  I have
managed to set yap and sumatrapdf as default dvi- and pdf- viewers,
and forward and inverse search work fine if the dvi file does contain
source specials.  I can achieve this by calling latex --src-specials
[filename] from the command line.  Invoking latex from within auctex,
however, doesn't seem to produce a dvi-file with source specials even
though TeX-source-correlate-mode is active.

Can anyone help me solve this problem or point me to the relevant
section of the documentation?

I am working under Windows with MikTeX and my custom-set-variables
include the following:

 '(TeX-parse-self t)
 '(TeX-quote-after-quote nil)
 '(TeX-quote-language-alist (quote (("german" "«" "»" nil) ("ngerman"
"«" "»" nil))))
 '(TeX-save-query nil)
 '(TeX-source-correlate-method (quote auto))
 '(TeX-source-correlate-mode t)
 '(TeX-source-correlate-start-server (quote ask))
 '(TeX-source-specials-mode t)
 '(TeX-view-program-list (quote ("SumatraPDF" "%o")))

Many thanks in adavnce

Rainer
--
Prof. Dr. Rainer Thiel