Re: [AUCTeX] Compile and display some chapters only

From: David Romano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Compile and display some chapters only
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 15:07:18 -0500 (CDT)

Tuan,

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010, Hoang Trong Minh Tuan wrote:

Thanks Jose. I should comment out the files temporarily not in use.
However, is it possible, in emacs, to select some files as an option with
compiling process.
Thanks,
Tuan

      On Apr 26, 2010 10:41 AM, "José Carlos Santos"
      <address@hidden> wrote:

      On 26-04-2010 15:04, Hoang Trong Minh Tuan wrote:

      > I have a multi files book written in latex. Eac...

      This has *nothing* to do with AucTeX!

      Just use an \include command for each chapter and the
      \includeonly command to select those chapters that you want
      to recompile.

      Best regards,

      Jose Carlos Santos

I wonder if what you mean is that it would be nice to have some automated way of producing a master file, so that you might only have to specify which chapters to include. If so, I would also be interested in hearing if there is an emacs/auctex way of doing this, or least of eliminating what I think is the problem you are describing: I've had projects with many short chapters and it was definitely tedious and error-prone work to comment out the right \includeonly statements.

David