[AUCTeX] reftex's toc to relocate sections

From: Michael Friedlander
Subject: [AUCTeX] reftex's toc to relocate sections
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 00:08:54 +0000 (UTC)

Reftex's TOC is a great way to track a document's overall structure.
I've used TOC's "demote/promote"  feature, which automatically edits
section declarations, so that with a single keystroke I can turn, for
example,

1.1 A section

into

1.1.1  A section

Another kind of sectional reorganization that TOC would be useful for
is to move sections "up" or "down",  ie, reorder

1.1 Foo
1.2 Bar

into

1.1 Bar
1.2 Foo

While editing papers I often cut/paste entire (sub)sections in order to
see what the revised document will  look like. it's a tedious process,
and it seems that TOC could help here. If this feature doesn't already
exist, how difficult would it be to implement?