Re: [AUCTeX] Font size

From: Uwe Siart
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Font size
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 11:09:26 +0100

On 31 Jan 2011 at 10:20, Denis Bitouzé wrote:

> Do you mean that environments are always expected to end paragraphs?
> That's not necessary the case: math, tabular, etc.

Of course. You know and I know. What I wrote is what "users often
expect".

For example most users don't understand the result they get from this
code:

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
normalsize normalsize normalsize normalsize normalsize normalsize
normalsize normalsize normalsize normalsize normalsize normalsize
normalsize normalsize

normalsize normalsize normalsize normalsize normalsize normalsize
normalsize normalsize normalsize normalsize normalsize normalsize
normalsize normalsize
\begin{footnotesize}
  footnotesize footnotesize footnotesize footnotesize footnotesize
  footnotesize footnotesize footnotesize footnotesize footnotesize
  footnotesize footnotesize

  footnotesize footnotesize footnotesize footnotesize footnotesize
  footnotesize footnotesize footnotesize footnotesize footnotesize
  footnotesize footnotesize
\end{footnotesize}
\end{document}

Using font size commands in environment form can lead to fatal errors.
That's why I discourage their use to "normal" users.

--
Uwe