Re: [AUCTeX] Font size

From: Denis Bitouzé
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Font size
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 11:20:21 +0100

Le lundi 31/01/11 à 11h09,
"Uwe Siart" <address@hidden> a écrit :

> Of course. You know and I know. What I wrote is what "users often
> expect".
>
> For example most users don't understand the result they get from this
> code:
>
> [...]

Yes but I'm sure that they don't have better understanding with:

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
normalsize normalsize normalsize normalsize normalsize normalsize
normalsize normalsize normalsize normalsize normalsize normalsize
normalsize normalsize

normalsize normalsize normalsize normalsize normalsize normalsize
normalsize normalsize normalsize normalsize normalsize normalsize
normalsize normalsize
{\footnotesize
  footnotesize footnotesize footnotesize footnotesize footnotesize
  footnotesize footnotesize footnotesize footnotesize footnotesize
  footnotesize footnotesize

  footnotesize footnotesize footnotesize footnotesize footnotesize
  footnotesize footnotesize footnotesize footnotesize footnotesize
  footnotesize footnotesize}
\end{document}

> Using font size commands in environment form can lead to fatal
> errors.

Could you provide an example?
--
Denis