Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Automatically run LaTeX/BibTeX as required

From: Andreas Kiermeier
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Automatically run LaTeX/BibTeX as required
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 09:06:44 +1030

Hi Jaap & TN,

I do this slightly differently using the texify command that comes with my LaTeX installation (MikTeX 2.8), though I think it achieves the same result.

All I've done is define the following in my .emacs file (they can be called with C-c C-c).

(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook
      (lambda ()
        (add-to-list 'TeX-command-list
             '("Texify" "texify -b %t" TeX-run-command t (latex-mode) :help "Texify document to dvi (resolves all cross-references, etc.)") t)
        (add-to-list 'TeX-command-list
             '("TexifyPDF" "texify -b -p %t" TeX-run-command t (latex-mode) :help "Texify document to pdf (resolves all cross-references, etc.)") t)
        ))

These only process the files (without viewing them).

Cheers,

Andreas

On 18 February 2011 01:38, TN <address@hidden> wrote:
Jaap Eldering <eldering <at> a-eskwadraat.nl> writes:

> Just one minor remark: if the output file is uptodate, C-c C-a does
> nothing (as expected), but that may be confused for that it is not
> working, so maybe a message a la "TeX-texfiy: nothing to be done."
> would be informative.

I've included the message.

> I think it would also be nice if this could be integrated into AUCTeX.

I don't know wether I can do something about that. First let's see if there are
more demands for that.

Thanks for your comments.

Best regards,
TN