[AUCTeX] Re: Customizing pdfLaTeX for a particular file with AUCTeX (ori

From: Faheem Mitha
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: Customizing pdfLaTeX for a particular file with AUCTeX (original question posted to tex.sx)
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 21:31:07 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 16:51:00 +0100, Marcus Frings <address@hidden> wrote:

> I know that you are using Debian's AUCTeX. I guess that you ran into
> the bug which I have reported in:

x> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=598120

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for your helpful message.

Yes indeed I am using Debian and Debian's AUCTeX, though, for the
record, a patched version, namely 11.86.2. The changelog is below,
where the preview.el bug referred to is that fun one that breaks
preview and is described here
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=610714, and is fixed
in Auctex cvs. But I doubt that has any bearing here.

So a couple of followup questions.

1) Do you have any idea what is causing this? Is there any clearly
identifiable patch in upstream for this issue? Is it reproducible in
vanilla 11.86?

Ralf Angeli's response does not seem promising in this regard.

2) Do you know whether

%%% Local Variables:
%%% LaTeX-command: "latex -shell-escape"
%%% End:

is necessary or will just

%%% LaTeX-command: "latex -shell-escape"

work? This has some bearing on which answer I accept on the tex.sx
question. As I wrote in the question, emacs seems to notice the former
version, and produces a warning, but doesn't seem to notice the latter
version at all.

                                                       Regards, Faheem

auctex (11.86-2.1) unstable; urgency=low

  * Non-maintainer upload.
  * Fix preview.el bug.

 -- Faheem Mitha <address@hidden>  Sat, 22 Jan 2011 02:57:03 +0530

auctex (11.86-2) unstable; urgency=low

  * [3b1fd8d] Update copyright year for man pages and debian/variables.
  * [797e2b8] Change 'Recommends: xpdf-reader' to 'Recommends: xpdf'.
  * [7ed99ae] Add patch: Fix TeX engine alist builtin defvar; thanks to
    Sanjoy Mahajan.  (Closes: #597006)

 -- Davide G. M. Salvetti <address@hidden>  Fri, 24 Sep 2010 23:45:55 +0200