Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Customizing pdfLaTeX for a particular file with AUCTeX

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Customizing pdfLaTeX for a particular file with AUCTeX (original question posted to tex.sx)
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 15:05:07 +0200

* Faheem Mitha (2011-03-20) writes:

> On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 18:20:26 +0100, Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> FWIW, this is working fine in vanilla versions of Emacs and AUCTeX.
>> Development versions, in my case.
>
> 1) So, you don't have any idea what is causing this problem?

Not really.  I'd check the values of `LaTeX-command',
`LaTeX-command-style' and `TeX-command-list' in one of the affected
buffers.  `TeX-command-list' should include a %l expander for the LaTeX
command and `LaTeX-command-style' a %(latex) expander.  The latter
should expand to the value of `LaTeX-command' unless somebody messed
with `TeX-engine-alist' or `TeX-engine-alist-builtin'.

> Is there
> any clearly identifiable patch in upstream for this issue? Is it
> reproducible in vanilla 11.86?

No, as I wrote above.

> 2) Do you know whether
>
> %%% Local Variables:
> %%% LaTeX-command: "latex -shell-escape"
> %%% End:
>
> is necessary or will just
>
> %%% LaTeX-command: "latex -shell-escape"
>
> work? This has some bearing on which answer I accept on the tex.sx
> question. As I wrote in the question, emacs seems to notice the former
> version, and produces a warning, but doesn't seem to notice the latter
> version at all.

See (info "(emacs)Specifying File Variables").