[AUCTeX] RefTeX: citing process

From: Frederik
Subject: [AUCTeX] RefTeX: citing process
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 17:03:52 +0200

Hi there!

Some time ago I asked on this list if it is possible to insert `footcites' provided by biblatex via RefTeX.

I just discovered a nifty feature in RefTeX which I missed back then: when citing a reference, you can mark several entries in the bib-file and by pressing `A' RefTeX inserts several citing commands, each citing one of the selected entries.

Now it shouldn't be too difficult to make RefTeX not to insert several citing commands but to insert `\footcites' and to append the marked entries in braces, e.g.

\footcites[foo]{first-marked-entry}[bar]{second-marked-entry}

(Right now it's \footcite[foo]{first-marked-entry} \footcite[bar]{second-marked-entry} )

Ah, and I wonder if it is possible to avoid the standard-regexp when citing with RefTeX:

After having cited some reference, say with bibtex-key `foo', I want to cite some other references, but I don't remember the exact bibtex-keys. Now, when citing with `C-c [' the default regexp corresponds to the last cited reference `foo'. When I press RET I can just select `foo'. Now I have to visit my bib file, look for the appropriate key `bar1' and insert the beginning of that key in the regexp (after having started the citing process again).

This is annoying; is there a way to get all my bib-entries in the selection window when I just hit enter?

Thanks & regards,
Fred

--
Frederik