Re: [AUCTeX] Track changes function?

From: Joel James Adamson
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Track changes function?
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 14:12:15 -0400

spinner <address@hidden> writes:

> Is there an Auctex function that compares two Tex files for changes and then
> Tex compiles to produce a printed document (PDF) showing redlining,
> strikeouts, etc. An alternative to the perl script -latexdiff-?
>
> I'm not looking to diff two raw Tex files for viewing on a monitor. Rather,
> I want to produce a compiled Tex document showing differences between two
> Tex files with redlining, strikeouts, etc..

Check out ed.sty[1].  Not an onscreen tool, but pretty darn close to
what you're looking for.  What is the purpose of comparing the two
documents?

Joel

Footnotes:
[1]  http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/ed.html

--
Joel J. Adamson
Servedio Lab -- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Please use my new gmail address: <address@hidden>