Re: [AUCTeX] forward/backward search not working

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] forward/backward search not working
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 21:09:18 +0200

* Shiyuan (2011-07-30) writes:

>     I've just install AUCTeX but the forward/backward search is not working.
> The TeX-source-correlated-mode is turned on and the mode line is LaTeX/S.
> My TeX-output-view-style value is

In case you are using AUCTeX 11.86, `TeX-output-view-style' is not used
anymore.  See (info "(auctex)Starting Viewers") for the variables which
need to be adapted in 11.86.

> The  C-c C-v open gv file.dvi automatically. However, it always open with
> the first page.
> backward search fails too. Any help is appreciated.

Neither forward nor backward search is implemented for gv.  You could
try xdvi if you work with DVI output or xpdf or Evince if you work with
PDF output.