Re: [AUCTeX] TeX-next-error broken for error messages without line numbe

From: Ivan Andrus
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] TeX-next-error broken for error messages without line number
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 08:04:11 +0200

Vitomir,

I think the changes at
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/auctex/auctex/tex-buf.el?r1=1.282&r2=1.283
and
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/auctex/auctex/tex-buf.el?r1=1.284&r2=1.285
may "fix" the problem, albeit in a different way.  Of course the real problem
is that it's impossible to know where the error is in some cases and there's
nothing AUCTeX can do to fix that.

In the mean time adding -file-line-error-style to the latex command line gives
better results.

Unfortunately I haven't tested those changes.  I'm running 11.86 from
package.el though I should probably be running from CVS.  There have been a
number of bugs fixed which keep getting reported.

David,

When is the next release planned?  I think it would be good to release it soon,
but that's just my opinion. :-)

-Ivan