[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [AUCTeX] AUCTeX configure blocked by memory of old TL2011 installati
Re: [AUCTeX] AUCTeX configure blocked by memory of old TL2011 installation
Fri, 11 May 2012 10:32:10 -0400
On Mon, May 07, 2012 at 06:21:14AM -0400, Haines Brown wrote:
> On Sun, May 06, 2012 at 07:46:36PM +0200, Davide G. M. Salvetti wrote:
> > If this is the case, be aware that the Debian AUCTeX package won't work
> > for you, as it is designed to work with the Debian TeXLive packages, not
> > with hand made TeXLive installations. If this is the case, you should
> > install AUCTeX by hand as well (just follow the instructions, after
> > purging the Debian package).
> Aha! I believe you have spotted the problem. I installed TL2011 from
> CTAN rather than the debian package because the latter is only TL2010.
> And I did install AUCTeX from the debian archive.
> I just downloaded the XeTeX version of AUCTeX from the website and
> asssume that installation instructions are included in the tarball.
> I assume that using it will solve the problem.
I tested the result using latex, xelatex and biber. Everything went well.
The only issue remaining is that now that I'm using xelatex, my output defaults
to PDF rather than DVI, and so AUCTeX needs to be told to make xpdf rather than
its default viewer. I searched on line and fiddled with some code in my .emacs
file, but so far no luck.