Re: [AUCTeX] A question about AUCTEX in emacs-nox

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] A question about AUCTEX in emacs-nox
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 16:51:20 +0200

Artem Mil <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello guys!
>
> I'm trying to use the preview function of AUCTEX within
> emacs-nox(emacs without of X support) which is running inside of KDE
> terminal.
> After invoking any of built-in preview functions, AUCTEX show
> the following error message: "Display geometry unavailable: Wrong type
> argument: number-or-marker-p, nil".
>
> Is it possible to use AUCTEX preview function somehow from a terminal
> eg. by using fbdev?

preview-latex displays graphics in the input text frame (check out
<URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/preview-latex.html>), so no, on
an Emacs without graphics support this cannot work.

Use C-c C-v (the normal external view command) for previewing, or
compile a graphics-capable Emacs.

--
David Kastrup