Re: [AUCTeX] First try at the Biber support merge

From: Ken Brown
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] First try at the Biber support merge
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 06:36:01 -0400

Hi Tassilo,

On 7/20/2012 7:26 PM, Tassilo Horn wrote:
Ken Brown <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Ken,

My main problem when compiling that patch was that there were a lot
of differences between Philips files and the AUCTeX CVS version that
didn't look Biber-related.  Maybe that were general improvements and
fixes of the AUCTeX code, or maybe it was just an older AUCTeX
version he worked on.  Since I couldn't judge that, I preferred the
stock AUCTeX versions in those cases.

My impression is that Philip's files were based on auctex-11.86, but
he could confirm.  Based on that assumption, I did a 3-way merge
(using diff3) of Philip's files and CVS head, using auctex-11.86 as
common ancestor.  My patches are different from yours in a few places.

Awesome, I guess your results will probably be more accurate than mine.

I don't want to waste everyone's time, so I'll do a little testing
before sending my patches to the list.

My version works for me, so I'm attaching it in two forms; one is a unified diff, which I find easier to read, and the other is in the same format as yours, so you can more easily see where it differs.

Philip did confirm in private mail that his patches were based on 11.86. I hope he can take a quick look and see if what I did seems right.

Ken