Re: [AUCTeX] many warnings in elpa auctex package (emacs 24 snapshot)

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] many warnings in elpa auctex package (emacs 24 snapshot)
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 08:41:52 +0200

Jonas Stein <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Jonas,

> i get the following warnings. Are these known bugs, or is there
> something completely broken?

They are no bugs, just warnings.  But at least the warnings about using
with-current-buffer instead of save-excursion + set-buffer could be
avoided.  with-current-buffer is there for ages (~2003, i.e. emacs 21.3
times) in both Emacs and XEmacs...

The references and assignments to undefined variables are mostly false
positives.  These variables aren't defined at compile time, but they are
there at runtime.  In most cases, before the form that is warned about
there's a (require 'something) that would load the file defining the
variable.

I'm just wondering why I don't get all these warnings when compiling
AUCTeX CVS.  It also contains these constructs...

> I guess the codingscheme is broken too, as i see many ^L

I think one gets that with all ELPA packages.  Not sure why...

Bye,
Tassilo