Re: [AUCTeX] activate reftex by typing \parencite

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] activate reftex by typing \parencite
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 10:05:52 +0100

* Santiago Mejia (2012-12-13) writes:

> When I enter the macro "\cite" in the minibuffer, Reftex (or AucTex)
> recognizes that it is a quotation and activates the Reftex interface (just
> as if I had written C-c [).  How can I make Reftex become active, also when
> I type "\parencite" and "\footcite"?

Are these macros from a certain LaTeX package?  If yes, you could write
an AUCTeX style file for the package (see (info "(auctex)Style Files"))
and put something like this inside:

(TeX-add-style-hook
 "your-style"
 (lambda ()
   (TeX-add-symbols
    '("parencite" TeX-arg-cite)
    '("footcite" TeX-arg-cite))))

See also the AUCTeX style files for the jurabib, natbib or harvard
packages.