[AUCTeX] restore auctex's info files

From: Santiago Mejia
Subject: [AUCTeX] restore auctex's info files
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 14:17:46 -0600

After I installed emacs24, I tried to remove emacs23 from my system using the ubuntu software center.  The ubuntu system required me to uninstall auctex to uninstall emacs23.  I complied, and after the process was done went ahead and reinstalled auctex.  Unfortunately, now I don't have the auctex info files.  When I click on the auctex menu of the main info files, it complains:

uncompressing auctex.info.gz...done
uncompressing auctex.info.gz...done
byte-code: No such node or anchor: Top

Could anyone be kind enough to help me know how can I recover my auctex's info files

S.