Re: [AUCTeX] RefTeX: What is the recommended version?

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] RefTeX: What is the recommended version?
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 22:03:53 +0100

* Tassilo Horn (2013-02-26) writes:

> Lately, Ralf synced all remaining changes form reftex CVS to emacs bzr,
> and we've decided to discontinue the separate reftex CVS.  When emacs
> 24.3 is going to be released, it will contain the most recent reftex
> version you can get (except for the version in emacs trunk).

Yeah, but before that the version on the RefTeX home page is the one
with more features. (c:  But I'd also suggest to wait for Emacs 24.3 and
use the RefTeX version bundled with it instead of installing the
separate one now.

Once Emacs 24.3 is released I'll also update the RefTeX home page and
point to the bundled version.  I haven't decided yet if there will be a
final standalone release with the current state found in the CVS
repository.