Re: [AUCTeX] Ignoring some non reference labels

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Ignoring some non reference labels
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 10:06:07 +0200

Julien Cubizolles <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Julien,

>>> Some LaTeX packages (tikz for one) use the keyword label, for
>>> something other than references, and RefTeX gets confused and
>>> displays them in the toc. Is there a way to tell it not to search
>>> for labels in certain environments?
>>
>> No, I don't think so.  Do you have a test file I can play around with?
>
> Here you go it exhibits both problems I reported:
>
> * label and metalabel passed as options to custom environments: They
> appear with an extra { in the RefTeX toc

I couldn't reproduce that.  For me using a current emacs copy from bzr,
they appear without the {.  Ditto with emacs 24.3.

> * label keyword in tikzpicture that should be ignored by RefTeX.

In revno: 112289 in Emacs bzr, I've made the following changes:

There's a new customization option `reftex-label-regexps'.  It is a list
of regexps that match labels.  The default value matches plain
\\label{..} definitions, and keyval [..., label={...}, ...]
definitions.  The regexp I've used previously was too lax, and the
result was that also xlabel/ylabel etc. were matched.

Of course, now your metalabels aren't matched anymore, too.  But you can
easily add a new entry that is a copy of the default entry for keyval
labels with "meta" prepended to "label".

Bye,
Tassilo