[AUCTeX] emacs24 from debian unstable

From: Andreas Leha
Subject: [AUCTeX] emacs24 from debian unstable
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 22:31:24 +0200

Hi all,

sorry for this question on a debian related issue concerning *unstable*.
But maybe someone knows a quick solution.

Here is the problem:
I am on debian testing in general.  I just installed emacs24 from
unstable.  With this emacs24, the auctex from debian testing is rendered
unusable.

I get
    byte-code: Symbol's value as variable is void: dbus-message-type-method-call
when I do M-x latex-mode

Or I get
    File mode specification error: (void-variable dbus-message-type-method-call)
    File local-variables error: (void-variable dbus-message-type-method-call)
when I open a *.tex file.

Is there some quick fix I can do in ~/.emacs?

Regards,
Andreas