Re: [AUCTeX] style hooks and info compilation failures on git auctex

From: Sivaram Neelakantan
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] style hooks and info compilation failures on git auctex
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 13:55:39 +0530

On Thu, Nov 28 2013,Tassilo Horn wrote:

[snipped 7 lines]

> Ok, but be aware that now you're living on unsupported ground. ;-)

Well, it works with no issues now, so Tathastu[1].

[snipped 65 lines]

>> Where do I start looking?
>
> Well, that's what I'm using now to run auctex from the git clone
> directly.
>
> (setq TeX-data-directory "~/Repos/el/auctex"
>       TeX-lisp-directory TeX-data-directory
>       preview-datadir (expand-file-name "preview" TeX-data-directory)
>       preview-lispdir preview-datadir)

That fixed it!  Now things are working as before once I added the
preview-datadir paths.  Thanks for your help.

[snipped 6 lines]

> Your problem is caused by `preview-datadir' being wrong.  (And yet
> again, running auctex from the git clone directory is not officially
> supported, though I'm doing fine with above settings.)

Guess so, I run Gnus too along similar lines, without running a make install.

 sivaram
 --
1. So be it.