Re: [AUCTeX] LaTeX-mode-hook doesn't work for 11.87.2 (ELPA)?

From: Mandar Mitra
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] LaTeX-mode-hook doesn't work for 11.87.2 (ELPA)?
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 23:10:47 +0530

Hi Tassilo,

Tassilo Horn wrote (Wed, Feb 05, 2014 at 03:25:11PM +0100):
> Try M-x toggle-debug-on-error, and then find some latex document.  If
> your hook function errors, you'll be dropped in the debugger which will
> show what went wrong.

Shame on me! After all these years of using emacs, I should have thought
of that.

I have turn-on-bib-cite in that lambda, and the packaged version
(11.87.2) of bib-cite.el had a make-local-hook somewhere. I replaced
that particular file with the current version from the git repository,
and my keybindings are back. Mixing and matching doesn't seem to have
broken anything else so far.

Thanks very much for the pointer,
mandar.