Re: [AUCTeX] Problem with latex2e style hook --- LaTeX/Texinfo collision

From: Vincent Belaïche
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Problem with latex2e style hook --- LaTeX/Texinfo collision‏
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 12:36:01 +0200

Trying to catch-up the discussion...

> To: address@hidden
> From: address@hidden
> Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 08:34:49 +0200
> Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Problem with latex2e style hook --- LaTeX/Texinfo
> collision‏

[...]

> > I renamed it `nor' because I think that a user may want to pass
> > explicitly `(nor )' as the last argument of TeX-add-style-hook to
> > mean:
> >
> > Supported for *all* dialects
> >
> > as opposed to:
> >
> > I have coded this before Vincent did the patch, so the last
> > argument is missing.
>
> Yes, nil (omitted) should indeed mean "run with all dialects" but I
> don't see why this requires `nor'. The only place I found it is in the
> docstring of `TeX-add-style-hook' where you say that omitted is
> equivalent to (nor). You could also just say that it's equivalent to
> `(not (or))', no?
>
> To me it looks just a bit strange to have `and' and `or' but not a plain
> `not'. Do me a favor and just add a normal `not' that just delegates to
> `nor'.

Ok, I will add the not operator, but rather than delegating to `or' it
seems simpler if it has a boy of its own like:

(defun TeX-shdex-not (arg)
  "NOT operator for style hook dialect expressions. The returned
value is a list of all dialects that are in
`TeX-style-hook-dialect-list' but ARG."
  (delq arg (copy-sequence TeX-style-hook-dialect-list)))

So not will be unary.

> Bye,
> Tassilo

Bye,