Re: [AUCTeX] viewer for dvi output on mac os x

From: jfbu
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] viewer for dvi output on mac os x
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 19:08:17 +0100

Le 23 nov. 2014 at 18:34, Ettore Aldrovandi :

>> On Nov 23, 2014, at 10:05, jfbu <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> I defined a "xdvi" entry in TeX-view-program-list,
>> which is the same as the one I found destined
>> to Linux systems in TeX-view-program-list-builtin,
>> with the sole difference of having replaced
>>
>> "%(o?)xdvi"
>>
>> with
>>
>> "open -a XQuartz && %(o?)xdvi"
>>
>> I then customized TeX-view-program-selection
>> to let it map output-dvi not to "open" but to this "xdvi" viewer.
>
> Assuming you have installed texlive either with the unix installer or in its
> MacTeX incarnation, you should have xdvi. Since you do have XQuartz
> installed, calling xdvi in the usual way (like on Linux) will trigger XQuartz
> and then open xdvi via XQuartz listening socket.
>
> Hope this helps,
> —Ettore

Thanks, it does: there is no need for the "open -a XQuartz", you are right.

(perhaps there was a need a few years back?)

I don't know how to tell AUCTeX to use the Linux default xdvi definition
also for "darwin":

I currently still have to copy it (unmodified now) from
TeX-view-program-list-built-in
TeX-view-program-list in my custom file

Best,
Jean-Francois