Re: [AUCTeX] Is it possible to use the buffer-file-name in a local varia

From: Nicolas Richard
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Is it possible to use the buffer-file-name in a local variable ?
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 17:52:32 +0100

Le 04/02/2015 22:25, Denis Bitouzé a écrit :
> Le 04/02/15 à 11h36, Nicolas Richard <address@hidden> a écrit :
>> Denis Bitouzé <address@hidden> writes:
>>> Well, splitting the document in subfiles is a good practice anyway :)
>>
>> for me, splitting in subfiles was good for :
>> - \includeonly
>> - collaborative editing
>
> Indeed.
>
>> I deprecated \includeonly in favor of TeX-command-region, and I now do
>> collaborative editing through auto-synchronisation of files (owncloud,
>> dropbox) instead of sending files around. So I'm now a happy
>> one-file-does-it-all kind of LaTeX user.
>
> Even big one-files?

Size doesn't matter when using TeX-command-region. I'm working on a
400kB beamer file right now, and it's doing pretty well.

>> The main advantage for me is ease of searching and refactoring. I know
>> that auctex and friends have tools for working on multi-file documents,
>> but my muscle memory keeps making me press C-s, C-M-%, M-s o etc.
>
> My muscle memory keeps making me press C-c C-c instead of C-c C-b
> (`TeX-command-buffer`) and I often recompile the whole document instead
> of only the current buffer :(

It happens to me too, but then I notice it, hit C-c C-k and C-c C-b
again because I know these bindings.

The reftex-*-document commands don't even have bindings afaics. Thanks
to this discussion, I had a look into the manual: (info "(reftex) Key
Bindings"). Maybe I'll do that and use them.

Nico.