[AUCTeX] Custom `fill-paragraph` criteria

From: Chase Dwelle
Subject: [AUCTeX] Custom `fill-paragraph` criteria
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 13:48:26 -0400

As I understand it, the `fill-paragraph` command creates a new line when the length of the line is greater than some number of characters.

For my purposes, I'd like the command to insert a new line only when there is a new sentence, i.e., when there is a period followed by a space and a new word. The reason for this is to get the full context of a change if/when I use the `diff` command a document.

I believe the regexp for what I want is "\.\s-\w". Is there a way to make the `fill-paragraph` command replace this with a newline, so replace "\.\s-\w" with "\.\n"?

Thanks,
Chase