Re: [AUCTeX] font-locking issue between mmm-mode and auctex

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] font-locking issue between mmm-mode and auctex
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 08:46:18 +0200

Andreas Matthias <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Andreas,

> I'm using mmm-mode (Multiple Major Modes) and I think there might be a
> conflict concerning font-locking between mmm-mode and auctex.  Not
> knowing that auctex was somehow involved I reported this issue to the
> mmm-mode developers on github first.  Maybe someone is interested in
> following this discussion there?  It's
> <https://github.com/purcell/mmm-mode/issues/57>.

I don't use mmm-mode so I don't know what assumptions it makes or how it
works.  But when I find a latex file with contents

documentation chunk
<<*>>=
a = 'a'
@
documentation chunk

using AUCTeX 11.88.7, only the <<*>> is highlighted in
`font-latex-string-face'.  I don't have the effect that everything after
the second ' in 'a' is fontified with the `font-latex-verbatim-face'.

Do you have any customizations that affect verbatim highlighting?

If you want, you can use AUCTeX also with the usual font-lock rules
provided by the built-in tex-mode instead of the more powerful
font-latex.  To do so, put

  (setq TeX-install-font-lock #'tex-font-setup)

into your ~/.emacs.

Bye,
Tassilo