[AUCTeX] First preview image is of full page size

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: [AUCTeX] First preview image is of full page size
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 13:32:21 +0200

Hi all,

I haven't been writing LaTeX for a while, but recently I started working
on some LaTeX files again. I notice that when I use preview-latex, the
first image that is generated is of full page size. This has nothing to
do with the content of the LaTeX chunk that is previewed: if I preview
the entire buffer (C-c C-p C-b), the first image is affected, if I
preview just a single chunk (C-c C-p C-p), that particular image
affected. If I then preview the entire buffer again, the image returns
to normal size (but the first image in the buffer is large again).
Needless to say this never used to happen...

Some version numbers:

Emacs: 24.5.1
AUCTeX/preview: 11.88.7
gs: 9.05
TeXLive: 2015

I disabled all my customisations relating to preview-latex, but the
effect remained. I tried starting Emacs with `emacs -Q` and then loading
AUCTeX, but I got stuck on the error that the function
`font-latex-setup` wasn't defined. I couldn't figure out what to load in
order to make it work.

Any help in debugging this would be greatly appreciated!

TIA

Joost

--
Joost Kremers