Re: [AUCTeX] First preview image is of full page size

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] First preview image is of full page size
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 15:17:13 +0200

Joost Kremers <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Joost,

> I haven't been writing LaTeX for a while, but recently I started
> working on some LaTeX files again. I notice that when I use
> preview-latex, the first image that is generated is of full page
> size. This has nothing to do with the content of the LaTeX chunk that
> is previewed: if I preview the entire buffer (C-c C-p C-b), the first
> image is affected, if I preview just a single chunk (C-c C-p C-p),
> that particular image affected. If I then preview the entire buffer
> again, the image returns to normal size (but the first image in the
> buffer is large again).  Needless to say this never used to happen...

Needless to say that I can't reproduce that.  But does that happen only
with this single document, or can you reproduce it also with some
minimal working example?

> I disabled all my customisations relating to preview-latex, but the
> effect remained.  I tried starting Emacs with `emacs -Q` and then
> `font-latex-setup` wasn't defined. I couldn't figure out what to load
> in order to make it work.

Basically, you should be able to use the ELPA AUCTeX without configs
like so:

  1. emacs -Q
  2. M-x package-initialize RET
  3. Find a latex file and do what you wanted to do

Bye,
Tassilo