Re: [AUCTeX] First preview image is of full page size

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] First preview image is of full page size
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 15:48:05 +0200

Hi Tassilo,

On Thu, Aug 27 2015, Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> wrote:
> Needless to say that I can't reproduce that.

Obviously. ;-) (Sorry if my "needless to say sounded a bit aggressive...")

>  But does that happen only
> with this single document, or can you reproduce it also with some
> minimal working example?

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I ripped out the entire preamble of
my document (nothing between \documentclass and \begin{document}) and
still had the same problem.

Still, trying to make the example even more minimal, I just found out
what the culprit was: the combination of scrbook as document class and
XeLaTeX...

Here's a MWE:

```
\documentclass{scrbook}

\begin{document}

     \[
        \frac{d}{dx}\left( \int_{0}^{x} f(u)\,du\right)=f(x).
     \]

\end{document}
```

Preview that with `TeX-engine` set to `xetex` and you should see the
problem. Changing `scrbook` to `book`, or using the default engine
should make it go away again.

> Basically, you should be able to use the ELPA AUCTeX without configs
> like so:
>
>   1. emacs -Q
>   2. M-x package-initialize RET
>   3. Find a latex file and do what you wanted to do

I was afraid that might load some of the other packages I have installed
as well. But perhaps I shouldn't worry too much about that.

Anyway, I hope you can reproduce the problem now and can figure out
what's going on. Thanks!

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments