Re: [AUCTeX] How to speed up inserting \documentclass?

From: Nicolas Richard
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] How to speed up inserting \documentclass?
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2015 23:53:58 +0200

Hi Marcin,

To avoid this problem, I ended up adding the following in my .emacs,
i.e. hardcoding a few class files and a few input files that I might
use. I hardly use the completion system for class and packages anyway:

(setq LaTeX-global-class-files '("article" "memoir" "book")
        TeX-global-input-files
        (mapcar (lambda (it)
                  (list (prin1-to-string it)))
                '(babel
                  inputenc
                  lmodern
                  cm-super
                  cm-bright
                  palatino
                  libertine
                  amsfonts
                  amssymb
                  mathrsfs
                  ulem
                  frcursive
                  mathtools
                  numprint
                  xfrac
                  amsthm
                  ntheorem
                  thmtools
                  amscd
                  pst-node
                  multicol
                  xcomment
                  graphicx
                  color
                  epic
                  geometry
                  array
                  mparhack
                  exercise
                  varioref
                  fontenc
                  enumerate
                  enumitem
                  lineno)))

> Also, both LaTeX-global-class-files and TeX-global-input-files seem to
> contain each file twice on my system, even though the said file exists
> only in one place in the filesystem.  What might be the reason for that?

I don't know.

--
Nicolas Richard